Monday 27 June 2016

Why sub-groups tend to fight each other despite being labelled among the same tree.

I believe that many people who are apart of certain races and religions tend to face struggles of discrimination that is done not necessarily by different groups but people among their own groups who practice their views differently despite being under the same tree.

I as a Muslim who was raised in New Zealand have had my fair share of discrimination among people of different categories but also people who fall under the same category as mine, Muslims who came from different cultural backgrounds. Of course I do not justify any discrimination, I believe that there are people who are devout and people who are not necessarily devout but follows aspects of Islam due to it being apart of your culture, I am the latter.

Knowing this, I have had many Muslims thinking I am crazy due to my Ideology in life ad have been laughed at. This goes to show that despite laws of and faith within ones beliefs, we still live by an imperfect social code where there are loopholes; loopholes in the sense that there is closeted prejudice among every community despite their claim of being welcoming to anyone.

With a social code, we live by an unwritten social contract where unwritten rules or acting in society gives humans ways of communicating and are taught what is normal and abnormal but in the process we fall to social control and ranking. Despite collectivism being the desired practice in certain communities, it will always fall to individualistic ideologies where people are seen as better to so race, gender, sexuality and factors that are given among these sort of circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.